Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

My 5 key exercises


I am going to discuss what I consider to be 5 key exercises that I incorporate into my workouts each week. These are exercises that I think are the best. I primarily complete home workouts and each of these exercises can be completed at home any time.

1. Pull ups – pull ups are probably the best exercise from this list. They are so beneficial to us and should be included in our workouts. They are great for the biceps, the back, the shoulders and the core.

2. Push ups – a must in any home workout! This exercise works the triceps, shoulders, chest and back muscles and also helps strengthen the core.

3. Squats – this is my favourite workout for the legs. Squats contribute to increasing the size of the leg muscles (and the buttocks) and also help to develop core strength. The exercise can be made more difficult by adding weights. These help to create explosive power in our legs!

4. Skipping – the benefits of skipping are vast. This is where the cardio comes from in my list. Skipping helps to improve fitness, flexibility, co-ordination and balance. The great thing about skipping is that it is easier on the knees than running/jogging and cycling.

5. The Plank – my love for The Plank is no secret. It may be my favourite exercise of all time! It has been in my workouts for so long now and I can’t see it leaving. The Plank helps develop core strength, and tones the abdominal muscles.

This, of course, is just my opinion. These are the exercises that I get the most out of and do the best for me. However, I think that if you use them correctly, they will help to develop the body that you want.

3 comments:

  1. When I could finally do a full pull up with no kipping it was a glorious day. I seem to have plateaued at around 4 for each set tho these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! You have all reason, those are the most basics / easy exercises people should do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike - I started off just the same! Pull ups are so hard, but so beneficial!

    Trainer - Thanks! Yea I think these are basic exercises, but you can get a lot from them and so they are important.

    Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete